Words Of Warning
If you use. We will know. Guaranteed.
Certainty Of Detection Is Our Game
We have detected more drug users for more companies than any hair testing lab in the world.
If an employer requires a pre-employment drug test, you can assume that the company wants to hire drug-free candidates. If they require random testing of employees you can assume they are serious about eliminating the higher costs and risks to their business that typically come with drug use. A Psychemedics drug test using hair analysis detects more drugs than any other test. It can detect 6-10X more drugs than a urine test and 2-3X more than other hair tests.
With a drug test using urine, there is safety in numbers. The detection rate is low, and the drugs can only be detected for a few days after use. You might literally get lost in the crowd of people tested. Not with Psychemedics. We detect drugs used months ago rather than a few days back, and our technology misses virtually nothing.
If a company uses the Psychemedics hair test for drugs, they are serious about identifying all high risk applicants or employees.
Why Does It Work So Well?
The first thing to understand is that companies that test with hair are generally looking for lifestyle users. Those are the habitual users who present the highest risks in the workplace. And companies that test using Psychemedics are committed to keeping those kinds of users out of their organizations and away from their workplaces.
So why is hair testing their choice?
When you take drugs, they are metabolized by the organs in your body and then excreted, usually in urine and usually within just a few days. That is why a drug test using urine is ineffective at identifying people who are chronic or habitual drug users. By the time a test is administered—especially if a user prepares for it—most of the drugs have been processed by the body and eliminated as the body flushes itself out. Urine is ineffective at detecting usage except in the very recent past.
A hair test is different.
As drugs are processed by the body trace amounts pass from the blood into a hair follicle. Then as hair grows from the follicle those trace amounts are carried inside the hair shaft. Unlike urine, it remains part of the body. Since it is being carried by the hair as it grows, it establishes a chronological record of drug use. It takes about 30 days for hair to grow one-half inch. A sample of hair just 1.5 inches long and as big around as a pencil lead gives us a 90-day picture of drug usage. And reveals two important things a habitual drug user would rather we not know.
- Which drugs were ingested in which amounts
- How often they were ingested over a period of time
Our science enables us to take collected hair samples, analyze them and generate reports on drug usage back 90-days. And that is why a Psychemedics hair test for drugs is so valuable to employers.
Drug Users Need Not Apply.
The chances of evading a Psychemedics hair test are not good at all for a habitual or chronic drug user or abuser. Employers and school administrators already know that this is their best tool to identify those people who pose the highest risk to their workplaces and campuses.
If you hear “They Test With Psychemedics” and you use…..you will get caught.
- Abstinence Fails. Abstaining from drug use for several days is not going to cheat our test. On average, we can detect usage several months back and detect drug usage 6 to 10 times more effectively than urinalysis and 2-3 times better than other hair tests.
- We Detect Everything. Our standard drug test identifies users of Cocaine, Opioids of all types, Phencyclidine (PCP), Amphetamines and Marijuana. The company requesting the test may ask for other drugs to be identified, like Benzodiazepines, Adderall, Synthetic Cannabinoids and others.
- Shaving Your Hair Is A Temporary Tactic. We test either head or body hair. Shaving all your hair won’t work because many companies will require that you return to provide a hair sample when you are able.
- A Positive Means Positive. Claiming your hair was contaminated by someone else’s drug is not a valid excuse. Our process has been reviewed and validated by the FBI as eliminating the chance for a positive test outcome to be the result of you being exposed to a drug rather than ingesting it. A positive result on our test is proof enough to an employer that you used a drug. This has been proven not only in independent studies, but upheld in 30 years of court cases. If you use, we will know it.
Three Things We Want You To Remember
Calling All Employers!
We have created this infographic for you to use in publicizing your use of Psychemedics hair testing. Feel free to download it, display it and make it a tool in helping attract the drug-free applicant pool you are looking for.
Contact us if you want it customized with your brand, logo or quotable quote or you want the full size, high-resolution version for printing.
Contact Psychemedics Today
These organizations offer valuable services and information related to drug abuse.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 800
Rockville, MD 20857
800-729-6686 (National Clearing House)