Wednesday, Apr. 15, 2009
By SANDRA ENGELLAND
“Lee died Jan. 9 after taking two prescription drugs – hydromorphone and morphine – that he bought from a fellow student at Keller High School. Mathews believes the morphine caused the 16-year-old sophomore’s respiratory system to fail.
Teens are much more likely to experiment with prescription drugs than illicit substances, said John Haenes, director of Tarrant County Challenge, a drug abuse prevention program. A recent survey shows thatmore than 30 percent of teens feel nothing is wrong with using someone else’s prescription drugs, he said.”
To view full article visit: http://www.kellercitizen.com/101/story/12643.html